Detailed information about expectations in Literacy and Maths for all year groups - including Year Four can also be viewed and downloaded below.
If you have any questions about the curriculum or end of year expectations or would like more information about how you can help please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Gilbert.
Below are the learning overviews for this half term
Spellings - ou making the u sound - rough, double, courage etc
TT Rockstars - This week we are challenging Year 6 to a Battle of the Bands!
MyMaths - 6 x table activity
Reading - please make sure you are reading to an adult at least 4 times a week.
* Spellings (eigh and ey spellings)
* TT Rockstars battle with Year 3
* Reading (at least 4 times with an adult)
* My Maths (multiplying by 10 and 100)
Spelling - il, im, in prefixes
MyMaths - addition and subtraction
Reading - 4 times with an adult
* MyMaths - This week I have set you 3 different MyMaths activities that are revision of the 3, 4 and 8 times tables from your learning in Year 3. It is not necessary to complete all the activities this week but please do at least one.
* TT Rockstars - This week we were third in the race to be the class that clocked up the most minutes of practise. Let's see if we can beat the other classes this week!
*Spellings - This week you have a mixture of spellings that are revision from last year. These are words that we use quite regularly but are often spelling incorrectly in our writing.
*Reading - Well done to everyone who has finished a book (or two!) this week and taken a quiz on Accelerated Reader. Please remember to bring your book back to school every day.
This week the home learning tasks for Year 4 are:
TT Rockstars - please practise on Garage for at least 10 minutes this week.
Remember, we are now competing with Year 2 - 6 to see which class can spend the most minutes practising their times tables before Christmas so every minute counts!
MyMaths - Rounding activity
Reading - Please read with an adult 4 times a week
Spelling - This week our new year 4 spellings are a mixture of previous years that need some revision.
Thursday 1st October 2020
My Maths - Roman Numerals
TT Rockstars - please practice your tables in the Garage section.
Reading - at least 4 times a week to an adult
Spelling - this week we are looking a homophones as well as having another go at the tion and sion words from last week.
Thursday 24th September 2020
MyMaths - negative numbers
TT Rockstars - Practise the times tables sin the Garage section
Spellings - tion and sion sound
Reading - at least 4 times a week with an adult
1) Spellings - these have been stuck in home work books and are also attached in a file below.
2) MyMaths - this week's activity is about place value in hundreds and thousands.
3) Reading - keep reading and quizzing on your Accelerated Reader books. Please remember to read to an adult 4 times a week.
This week your home learning is :
*1 MyMaths Task
*1 set of spellings to learn (these are stuck in your homework book) but they have also been included in an attachment below
*Reading at least 4 times a week to an adult if possible
Please remember to ask if you are not sure about anything.