Core Purpose, Vision and Value
The school has a crystal clear core purpose - to simply put children and learning at the heart of everything we do.
Inspire Believe Discover Achieve Belong
Children are INSPIRED to develop their talents and love learning.
Children BELIEVE in themselves and their abilities.
Children DISCOVER and enjoy a wide range of experiences.
Children ACHIEVE their full potential in all subjects.
Children BELONG to a caring community, which cares about the past, present and future of it environment.
To ensure we achieve our Core Purpose and Vision we will:
- Provide a learning environment for all our staff and pupils where everyone is treated as an individual and has opportunities to achieve their full potential and enjoy all aspects of school life.
- Teach a topic based curriculum that is ambitious and designed to give all children the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to succeed in life.
- Our curriculum will ensure our children are exposed to a range of opportunities including, trips, visitors, residentials and learning through play, to facilitate and make children’s learning enjoyable.
- Promote British Values in order to prepare children for their role in society, as confident, happy and tolerant citizens.
- Children will be encouraged to be independent, using imagination and resourcefulness to lead their own learning and lines of enquiry and also make links with prior learning.
- Pupils will be supported to persevere with problem solving challenges, in a range of contexts throughout their school life. This will help children to build resilience and develop an understanding of how to overcome challenging situations.
- Collaboration and teamwork will be developed in all aspects of school life, so that pupils learn how to support and communicate effectively with each other and build positive relationships.
- Teachers and pupils will approach teaching and learning in a creative way; enabling the development of inquisitive and flexible minds.
- Awareness, and strategies for promoting good mental health will be a high priority for all members of the school community and will support lifelong emotional well-being.
- Physically healthy lifestyles are encouraged at every opportunity and are modelled by staff so that children understand the importance of good choices for the duration of their lives. Physical activity takes place regularly.
- All children will understand how to stay safe and who to talk when they need things.
- Children will form relationships with other children in different classes and age groups through buddy systems, and we aim to create a family feel by placing all pupils in whole-school coloured teams, where they bond with others in the school.
- We will work in partnership with families, and find opportunities for pupils to share their learning experiences with parents and carers in open mornings and events.
- We aim to use our locality as a starting point for many areas of learning, whilst ensuring pupils understand their place in the wider world.
- We take a holistic view of every individual, and provide a wide range of extra -curricular clubs and events to encourage children to try new experiences and develop areas of interest.
Our core value at Ashburton Primary School is Respect. The whole school community believe it is important that we all respect ourselves, each other and our environment.
We hope this website will give you a real sense of life in our happy, busy and productive school, but to find out more please ring to arrange a visit. We are always pleased to have the opportunity to let our children show-off their learning.
Please feel free to contact the school with any queries you may have.
Thank you for visiting
Miss Tammy Docking - Headteacher